Well-Rounded Christian Education Curriculum
We provide our students with age appropriate Christian education that helps each student grow intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
The Scottsdale School offers Preschool and as well as after-school care for elementary age children. Our preschool begins at age two and goes to age five for Jr. Kindergarten.
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
- We develop Students oral and phonemic awareness through books, songs and games
- Zoo Phonics reading and spelling program teaches the fundamentals of language- Starting at age 2.
- Students are encouraged to participate and have many opportunities to express themselves in class.
- Introduction to number recognition, identifying patterns, recognizing shapes and simple problem solving.
- Students learn to write numbers, count, add/subtract, and identify/count money as they prepare for kindergarten.
- Students participate in music 2-3 times per week, learning basic rhymes, singing, dancing and marching.
- Students prepare and perform in two musicals annually.
- Spanish instruction offered twice a week.
- Students learn simple vocabulary and key phrases
- Enrichment Spanish also available
- Our students learn about God through bible stories and music
- Chapel meets twice a week.
- In chapel, students learn how to pray, sing songs, learn bible verses and listen to stories and important life lessons
- Basic operation, keyboarding and word processing